Wandere aus, solange es noch geht - Finca Bayano in Panama!
Ergebnis 1 bis 5 von 5

Nur 4 Kamele für unsere Tochter?

Sinai, Egypt:

Only Four Camels For Our Daughter?

Blog: AlpacaSuitcase - 14 August 2010
    By: Jason

After Abdul asked my daughter’s age, he was quiet for a minute. The sun was going down over the rough craggy hills of the Sinai, washing them in a dark reddish hue. Abdul continued, “Your daughter is very pretty. I can pay four camels.” My first response was Marriage? She’s only 12 years old! but I collected my composure and asked, “Why only four?” “Four is a good price,” he said, “I am poor Bedouin man.” I wasn’t sure if Abdul was serious or just playing with me, nevertheless, I countered with ten camels, not having any idea if his initial “bride price” was fair or not.

Like most traditions, the “bride price” is rooted in economics. Bedouin boys have traditionally stayed with their family and tended goats and camels or helped in the family business and girls were married off to join a new family. Girls offered more than cooking and cleaning in terms of economic value…they had the ability to generate more boys, thus more laborers who could work for the receiving family. It made economic sense to be compensated for this loss. In addition to labor and food, the camel is a medium of exchange and it's appropriate that camels would be the basis of the “bride price.”

This was all interesting, but what I was dying to know was had I been insulted? Is four a good price? We knew from our visit to the Birqash camel market outside Cairo that a large camel could be bought for $700 (see Cairo Camel Market blog post), so that would put the monetary value of my daughter at $2,800. Later Internet research told me that anywhere between 2 and 20 camels is customary for the Bedouin but, most importantly, it depends on the potential groom’s ability to pay.

http://www.lonelyplanet.com/travelbl...?destId=355224

AW: Nur 4 Kamele für unsere Tochter?

die geschichte ist ja belustigend, aber ich werde das gefühl nicht los, dass meine töchter mehr wert wären, als die gesamte umma (dh echte moslems) zusammen... (kamele ausgeschlossen >.< )

Zitat Zitat von marchhare Beitrag anzeigen
    die geschichte ist ja belustigend, aber ich werde das gefühl nicht los, dass meine töchter mehr wert wären, als die gesamte umma (dh echte moslems) zusammen... (kamele ausgeschlossen >.< )
    In deren Augen sind Muslime mehr wert als Nichtmuslime. Wenn die Nichtmuslime heiraten dann ist es mehr Mittel zum Zweck.

Vielleicht läßt sich der Preis in die Höhe treiben, wenn du sie konvertieren läßt und muslimisch erziehst.

*Hüstel*

Unregistriert Gast

typical. disgusting.

Und schon wieder ein Kind verschachert die anschliessernd, wenn es dem Mann nicht passt, dran glauben muss.(wird ja bei ungehorsam umgebracht)

Aktive Benutzer

Aktive Benutzer